As much as we can try and fight it, there’s no denying that the dog days of summer are officially over.
With fall quickly approaching, that means it’s time to pack away our sunscreen and beach towels, close down our swimming pools, and count down the days until Christmas. The end of summer also means that everyone is suddenly working in full gear. From now until the end of the year, our workloads seem to magically increase, our days get shorter, and our social lives dwindle down into nothing.
Our friends in the animal world are also finding it quite tough to cope with the end of summer. These 17 critters totally feel our pain.
1. Soak up that sun while you still can.
2. “What do you mean the pool’s closing?”
3. “Can’t we stay? Just five more minutes!”
4. “Why can’t it be summer all year?”
5. No matter how much you turn your noses toward the sky, summer still can’t last forever.
6. “It is waaay too early for this!”
7. “Isn’t there a groundhog that can give me six more weeks of summer?”
8. “My humans are going back to school. Who am I going to play with?”
9. Wait until this chinchilla finds out it’s not even a real popsicle.
10. “I just bought this sick bathing suit and it’s already time to pack it away.”
11. “I spent all this time using my paws to put a hat on, and now you’re telling me it’s already dark out?”
12. “Wake me up when it’s summer again.”
13. It’s okay bud, there’s always next year.
14. Time to lay in the grass and grapple with existence.
15. “Summer, come back! You were my one true friend.”
16. “It’s the last day of summer and you won’t share your ice cream??”
17. That feeling when you’re still clinging to the last party of the season.
I can totally relate to their disappointment, but luckily for us, there are fewer than 300 days until summer 2017.
Read more: http://www.viralnova.com/end-of-summer/